Monday, February 13, 2006

February 13,2006

So things are still ticking along smoothly. Closing is only 11 days away and I am still waiting for the "low point" that our real estate broker warned us to be prepared for.
Finalized the home insurance today. My insurance broker quoted I think 4 companies and came back with Traveller's being the best. I currently pay $249/year for renter's insurance (and bob pays his renter's) so $914 for the house insurance sounds like a deal to me plus Traveller's quoted my car insurance at almost $300/year less. So Traveller's it is and Patty is faxing binders to the attorney's office and the mortgage broker's office.
Talked to Garner (Ginny's business partner) about getting into the house one more time before the sellers come up this weekend to move all their furniture as I'd like our hardwood floor guy to evaluate the floor refinishing before the closing so that maybe we can have him come in the week after the closing and do the floors and not lose time as we want to move in before the end of March.
I'm glad that work is fairly slow right now as if I was editing all the time or just busy it would definitely be a bit manic.
I think everything is set. Mortgage company needs (or maybe already has) finalized contract so I think we (yikes, dare I say it) be set.
Have been chomping at the bit recently with pent up decorating desires but have to just keep them in check. I've been swotting up on door hanging and window filling-in/replacing know-how off the web to help with the first few projects and watching a little HGTV here and there.
:-)

No comments: