Friday, August 31, 2007

Year 2 - Day 218



The laying begins. Slow at first as I had to shave down the varnish on the old boards that had run down into the gaps.

Took today and tomorrow off from work to lay the kitchen floor. Jeff loaned me his compressor and I rented a flooring nailer from Home Depot. ($37/day for the nailer). Jeff's loan of the compressor saves me $38/day - thanks Jeff!) Laying hardwood flooring is just steady - you can't go fast and you'll back after an hour and think "christ, is that all I've laid?!"

Anyhoo - I got a little better at it and managed to get about 2/3 of the kitchen done.

Better yet Adelson, our sheetrock guy came around. He is coming to sheetrock on Saturday - fabulous! And then he'll come back Monday for a mud etc etc. That is great timing.

No comments: