Friday, August 31, 2007

Year 2 - Day 219



Yesterday



Today (ta-dah!)


Wow, I ache a bit from floor laying yesterday - must've done a million squats or at least that's how it feels.

Back to the kitchen flooring today. The sheetrock guy is coming tomorrow (Saturday) so extra impetous to get it finished and then get the room ready for him.
Had the floor all laid by about 2:30pm then added some insulation to one of the walls, checked the height of the under-cabinet lighting wires as they looked high, repositioned them and put down drop cloths. It's all ready for sheetrock.

Then I started prepping the DR for flooring in there. There was a chance Jeff might've needed the compressor back - it is so nice - who ever invented pneumatic tools deserves some kind of prize. I also used his face nailer as once I got near the wall the nailer didn't fit in/wasn't enough room to swing the hammer.

Cut the bottom of the door jambs etc in the DR with the snazzy Shark Saw - that thing is very cool - not sure if it is Japanese but it just oozes Japanese sensibilities. A very delicate saw if that is possible to say.

Have to figure out how I will do the transition/reducer up to the DR floor height - might have to have to it "go into" the kitchen / "wrap" a little around the door jamb, so it would be cut like a fat, fat "T" with a wide trunk and very spindly short arms if you can even picture that from my crap description. Then I have to snap a square chalk line as I have nothing to go on. Kitchen was nice as I just carried on from the existing boards. It'll be a my first chalk line - I will feel very "pro" when I do that. Will feel very "am" if line is not straight and floor looks crap. Ha, ha.

No comments: