Sunday, September 02, 2007

Year 2 - Day 220





Wasn't sure if I'd have enough wood left to do the office so I added a threshold in the doorway from the dining room to the office. The board nearest the camera is a piece of scrap that I have screwed to the floor to hold the piece in front of it secure. I used this technique (that I read about on hammerzone.com) in the kitchen/dinig room doorway where I set the square for the whole room.


While Adelson did the sheetrock I continued laying the hardwood in the DR. This is slow progress. I changed my mind about going over to the other wall and flipped a board around and nailed it down to the two boards I had squared up in the door jamb so that hte "tongues" were pointing into the area to be floored. Then I just got going. Had quite a few cuts to make which I didi with the SharkSaw (a pullsaw) that thing is great. Continued laying floor until about 10:30pm as progress was slow and I wanted to get at least halfway across the room so that I could get it finished tomorrow and take the compressor back to Jeff.

No comments: