Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Year 2 - Day 244

We have a date! (and no, it's not for the wedding! ha, ha) it's for the kitchen install. I went and coughed up the remaining balance on the cabinets this morning so that they can be delivered tomorrow for the installation to begin next Monday Oct 1.

We decided to hire a pro for the install so that it is done quickly and efficiently and any screw-ups are not our responsibility. I really hating picking between contractors and this one was tough but came down to availability. Mark Briganti could work better with our schedule than the other installer who was impressive and professional but way to busy to fit us in as soon as we would like. Although Mark is the guy who didn't call me back about moving the window that provoked me to do the framing work, I think he will be good for the install.

So I will take Mon/Tues/Wed off and Bob will be home/in the locale in general - maybe at the office but around for any decisions we have to make on site.

When I paid for the cabinets I picked up one cabinet door that is going to be a dummy door in the boxed in duct area. This way we can "ooh" and "ah" over it tonight.

I picked up 12 packing blankets from U-Haul to cover the newly finished hardwood floors so that they do not get trashed by the workmen next week. And now we have to clear all the cr*p off the screened-in porch so that the 40 or so boxes of cabinets and stuff have room to be delivered.

Then I/we have 'til Sunday night to finish installing the trim, priming, and painting (and probably a few other things that I have forgotten.)

Very exciting.

No comments: