Thursday, February 12, 2009

Measuring the space

So for the class we have to arrive at the first meeting with an outline sketch of our space. This past weekend was mild so I walked off the measurements with Bob's measuring wheel from work and set to on trying to sketch it up.

A couple weeks back we also had one white oak taken down in the back. it was looking very wet at the base and the bark was coming off. Of more concern was that it had grown at a 70 degree angle right over our neighbour's house. At over 90ft tall, it would have totally crushed their house had it come down. So although we don;t like to cut down anything, we made the decision. I had Chris, the arborist, keep me two 4-5ft lengths of trunk for a bench and a water trough project I have in mind.

So I guess between them and the bricks, I am accumulating "things" for the garden.

No comments: