Thursday, February 19, 2009

Snow again

Argh! Yesterday it started snowing again. What a spoiler after a teasing week to 10 days of milder weather and tantalising crocus tips peaking through the soil.

As I looked out my window at work, the largest fluffiest snowflakes that I'd seen all winter drifted down.

When it snows like this in December we get all nostalgic, romantic and full of Christmas spirit. It's all "Oh-ah, look it's snowing!". When it snows like that when we are now less than 30 days from spring, the sentiment is more "Arrrrrgggghhh. More f'ing snow."

It is still on the ground as a dusting at home but as I look out the window at work today there is not a speck left.

And that is how I like it. I have mentally shifted out of winter and into spring and I do not wish to go back.

No comments: