Friday, February 27, 2009

Raised beds


While I wait patiently for my Landscaoe design class to start I have certainly been reading and researching and brainstorming on ideas.
The NE corner of the garden has very shallow soil due to loads of roots from a row of evergreens that were put in byt he prev. owners as a privacy screen. I have been thinking that this area would be suited to raised beds, so I've been researching raised beds.
BHG.com had a nice plan for making a wooden raised bed. Very simple but everyone is saying that pressure-treated wood is not good etc etc.
I have always really liked the look of galvanized metal so I was poking around for something of that nature - a cattle feed bin or something and I came across this fire ring at Tractor Supply.
It seems perfect to me: comes in 36" or 48" diameter, 12" high. $49 for the 36", $63 for the 48".

No comments: