Friday, April 17, 2009

BBG 4-16-09










Last night was the first class in the Brooklyn Botanic Garden class "Your Garden Tutorial: The Right Plant in the Right Place". I indulged myself by getting there early so that I would have time to walk around the garden (and grab dinner in the sunshine at the cafe, nice!). The cherry esplanade is not in bloom yet. All the trees over towards the 900 Washington entrance are out - some early flowering cherries? and magnolias and alot of bulbs and the daffodil hill was lovely. I also loved the swath of grape hyacinth? under some bushes up towards the Osborne Garden. I did not go up to the Osborne Garden: I want to have some parts left that are new to me when I bring Bob down here.
The class was good - a lot of "theory" - and background knowledge to give us the foundation to move forward and reseasrch and make successful choices. there are 12 people reg'd and 10 showed up so quite a lot of folk. There are 5 of use who took the first half of the class. Some "homework" - reading handouts, beginning a plant inventory of what I have, a form for individual plant research and an example of a spreadsheet of plants that would work in the space (the big palette). All good stuff.

No comments: