Thursday, April 23, 2009

Seed/Recipe Swap

So I was cruising a few gardening blogs and came up with a seed/recipe swap that was being organised by a blog new to me: DigginFood.com (see the article here: http://www.digginfood.com/2009/04/reminder-sign-up-for-the-recipe-seed-swap/)
The idea is that you swap a recipe and the seeds to grow one of the ingredients. Sounded like an intriguing idea.
I just found out my swappee to whom I am sending so I goggled her name and came up with a blog (http://daxiang.stefmike.org/). My motivation was to find out if she was vegetarian. This seems to me that it could be my swappee and instantly I am gripped by intimidation. I see she is growing already what I intended to send her. Hmmm. I will not let that put me off. I also see that she shares my affinity for galvanized containers. I like her already. i have already decided to send two recipes, one will be a personal fave that I have found in the US and one will be a personal fave from the UK/my own cookbook.


On the homefront, I transplanted my eggplant seedlings. They are looking good although I am still holding my breath a tad. How hardy of them to survive my "care". Also, tonight is the second class in BBG's Your Garden Tutorial: Right Plant in the Right Place and I am behind on my homework.

No comments: