Monday, April 27, 2009

BBG 4-23-09

Last week's BBG class was interesting. We were split into two groups according to urban or "rural" and then Joan took the urbanites and I was in Jim's group along with others with non-urban properties.
We all went around and described our spaces and had open discussion and suggestions for plants etc. For next week we have to come up with a planting diagram for one section of our garden. I am trying ot work on the woodland/shadier area of mine as Jim said that the sunny side would be easier to come up with on my own.
I am looking through all the lists for CT natives as I would like to go that route and also have plants that encourage birds etc where possible.
Today (4-27) I made up my plant list and am trying to break it down into ground cover/shade/fringe(part shade), bloom time, height and ? (can't remember) so that I can identify areas in the plan and then match up to plants.

No comments: